Spring Assist Door Hinge – Kason 1248
Spring mechanism adds extra closing force to overcome air resistance on heavy walk-in doors.
- Special high-lift cam system outperforms similar spring hinges.
- Flush mount model for doors that are even with door frame.
- Cam-rise action reduces gasket wear, even with irregular floors.
- Built-in dwell holds door open when beyond 135°. Will self-close if less than 135.
- Simple manual operation reverses hinges for use on right- or left opening door.
Material: High pressure die-cast zinc with self-lubricating nylon cam
Finish: Brushed Chrome, special order available for polished chrome and powder coat.
Offset: Flush, special order available for other offsets.
Mounting: Drilled and countersunk for 1/4″ (6.0mm) flat head screws. (screws are not included)
Load Rating: See Hinge Selector Chart, Group D.
Mold Numbers: Bracket – 1248-179-54, Flange – 1245-644-54
MPN Variations: 1248-28, 1248-000028, 11248000028
1248 Hinge Installation Instructions PDF
Hinge Reversal Instructions
1. Lift strap from flange and remove pin assembly.
2. Pop out cap. Turn strap 180 degrees, reinsert pin assembly.
3. Reposition strap into flange and replace cap.
Warning: California’s Prop 65
There are no reviews yet.