Spring Assist Door Hinges – Kason 1248
Set of 2 Flush hinges. Comes with one spring loaded hinge (top) and one non spring loaded hinge (bottom).
Spring mechanism adds extra closing force to overcome air resistance on heavy walk-in doors.
- Special high-lift cam system outperforms similar spring hinges.
- Flush mount model for doors that are even with door frame.
- Cam-rise action reduces gasket wear, even with irregular floors.
- Built-in dwell holds door open when beyond 135°. Will self-close if less than 135.
- Simple manual operation reverses hinges for use on right- or left opening door.
Hinge Reversal Instructions
1. Lift strap from flange and remove pin assembly.
2. Pop out cap. Turn strap 180 degrees, reinsert pin assembly.
3. Reposition strap into flange and replace cap.
Cosmetically damaged hinges have dings and scuffs on the metal but are mechanically functional.
Certifications: NSF, GreenGuard
Mold Numbers: Bracket – 1248-179-54, Flange – 1245-644-54
MPN Variations: 1248-33, 1248-000033, 11248000033